did she get a haircut
no she’s not in uniform
Is that a new bow?
This is my greatest creation.
why isn’t this all over tumblr, it’s fucking brilliant
best tag ever
Gene Roddenberry (on the “Star Trek Philosophy”)
We love classic Trek because of its philosophy.
i literaly cannot believe they chose to open the second season of their show with this episode
this scene is so philosophical they can’t look at each other and they must hide their hands behind their backs to shield them from getting scorched by the profoundness of the conversation
i’m a sci-fi girl
in a sci-fi world
life is plastic
is it too early to do a “list of things we want in stxiii” post?
- no more whitewashing
- better developed female characters
- jim not being a douche to women (more broadly, jim not being a douche)
- philosophy (suck it, JJ)
- 3D chess (where Jim doesn’t fucking cheat, fuck you Star Trek video game)
- space family moments
- MOAR BONES
- A NEW FUCKING STORY NOT A REHASH OF AN OLD ONE
- aliens with unique personalities and cultures (previous canon or not—I would sell my soul for a Dax appearance, though)
- exposition on how medicine has been forever changed by Khan’s magic healing blood
- New Vulcan
- Development of the friendship between Kirk, Spock, and Bones
- Kirk acting like TOS!Kirk instead of the pop culture stereotype of TOS!Kirk
- Follow-up on Kirk and Spock’s new friendship and how this changes their dynamic from here on out
- Don’t make Kirk learn the same lessons all over again for no reason please
- Either do something interesting/not insulting with Spuhura or get rid of it. I already found JJ’s motivations for this relationship shady (we need a romance for some reason/Uhura’s the only girl we bothered to include/Everyone will expect it to be Kirk so we’ll make it with Spock for shock value/Let’s reference one scene in an early episode as justification and never bring up Chapel or Scotty/Uhura ever) ans he’s not doing much to sell me on it (“I’m spontaneously mad that Spock represses his emotions even though I was apparently comfortable with it in the last film. Let’s not resolve this at all”).
- Chapel comes back and it turns out she left because of something Roger Korby related and it had nothing to do with Kirk at all. That was just a stupid rumor and that’s why Kirk didn’t remember her- because nothing ever happened between them and she left too quickly for him to get to know her. Nothing sexist.
- Expanding on the possible platonic friendship between Kirk and Uhura
- Developing Sulu, Chekov, Bones, and Scotty more fully so we don’t get the sense that they’re just there because they have to be
- Show Starfleet functioning as a stable organization where people rise through the ranks based on talent, not because somebody died or dumb luck or “hey Scotty you’re on the ship so I guess you’re just the chief engineer now because ~destiny~”
- Cut the destiny crap oh my god you wanted a new universe so have a new universe
- More focus on philosophical implications and less on action
- No gratuitous underwear scenes
- Winona shows up and surprise! she’s a great character who did the best she could with Kirk and it was the presence of his step-father/uncle/whatever that messed him up not her failure as a single parent that only appeared in one scene. Oh, and she is mentioned by name this time.
- If you’re going to make Nu!David Marcus a thing please handle the storyline in a way that doesn’t demean or vilify Carol in any way please please
- No cameos from Nimoy. He served a purpose in XI, in XII he was just there to try to placate old fans
- Do not. Quote an iconic scene. Word. For word. Ever. Again.
Um this was longer than anticipated. Sorry folks, I’ll let myself out.